Ebonyi State School of Health Technology (EBSOHTECH) at a Glance
Ebonyi State School of Health Technology (EBSOHTECH) at a Glance was first seen in the EBSOHTECH Newsletter, Edited by Nwode Goodluck Chigbo, the HOD publication/PRO (Ebonyi State School of Health Technology, Ngbo).
Ebonyi State School of Health Technology (EBSOHTECH) school which was established in 2007 by the first civilian governor of the State Dr. Sam Ominyi Egwu is currently under the leadership of a distinguished academic and administrator Sir, Emmanuel Okoro. The Principal, Sir Okoro, has the vision and mission of bringing the school to a world class standard that will be recognized for achievement of intellectually and holistic health education with the aim of promoting health and preventing illnesses through excellent teaching and learning. She prides itself on offering excellent learning experiences to students, facilitated by conducive learning environment, with class rooms, library and well equipped laboratories. Our teaching staff have relevant degrees from different universities.
There are currently four departments:
– Environmental Health Technology &Technicians.
– Community Health Extension workers.
– Health Information Management.
– Medical Laboratory Technicians.
These departments offer high quality courses and programmes that meet the national academic standards of the 21st century students and employers. As a way of confronting the current challenge of unemployment among graduates in the county, the school has mapped out plans to integrate entrepreneurship development in all her programmes to make the students employers of labour instead of job seekers on graduation from the school.
We are particularly committed to providing our students with essential generic foundation skills with a comprehensive understanding of their relevant disciplines. Our students are to display healthy environment, independent thinking and intellectual rigour, as well as good understanding of the professions.
The vision, goal and philosophy of the institution are:
Our Vision and Mission
The Ebonyi State School of Health Technology, Ngbo aspires to become a vibrant center of learning and reputable academic environment that will be reputable nationally and a hub for economic transformation and development of region through creative and innovative endevours;
– To train health workers who will be useful in the health sector
– To take a leading role in fostering the health sector of Ebonyi State and the entire Nigerian society at large through scientific education, training and outreach activities.
The institution has its philosophy, the production of graduates that will have the spirit of excellence, integrity and entrepreneurship imbibed in them. Our philosophy is guided by the need to provide quality health services and prevent ill health.
The need to pay particular attention to health services and prevent diseases that will address and impact positively on the lives of the people of Ebonyi State and Nigeria.
The academic objectives of the institution are:
– To act as a Center for teaching and community services
– To develop and offer academic and professional programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma with the aim of producing mature graduates that will compete favourably with graduates from other health institutions in Nigeria.
– To prepare individuals with quality academic and practical experiences to assume important responsibility to detecting, diagnosing and treating diseases.
– To train/introduce mid-class health workers that will provide health care services at the primary health care services at the primary health care levels/facilities.
– To increase self awareness and personal character in the youths that will enable them take informed decision towards health promotions and disease preventions.
– To assist in planning and organizing health information services in health care delivery systems in the country.
Picture for Admin. Block Here
EBSOHTECH NEW APPOINTMENTS
The Commissioner for Health Ebonyi State Dr. Daniel Umezurike, has approved the following appointments as Members of Management of EBSOHTECH.
1. Sir Emmanuel Okoro (KSM) – Principal, Ebonyi State School of Health.
2. Mrs Grace, Umahi – Ag. HOD Admin/Works.
3. Imo, Etta Agwu – HOD library.
4. Mr Sunday Ogenyi – HOD Account.
5. Mrs Nwode Jacinta – HOD Community Health.
6. Mr. Emma, Obo – HOD Environment.
7. Mr. Itumo, Daniel – Dean of Studies.
8. Mr. Ajah Josiah- HOD Students affairs.
9. Mr. Nkwuda Simon – HOD Laboratory Services
10. Mrs Okocha Janet – Ag. HOD Health Information.
11. Mr. Nwode Goodluck Chigbo – HOD publication/PRO.
12. Mr. Sampson Orogwu – Coordinator, SIWES.
13. Mr. Ijama Moses – Coordinator, General -Studies.
14. Igwe Emmanuel – Head, Religious Affairs.
In the discharge of his official function, the Principal, Sir Emma Okoro, appointed the following Staff Advisers to man the Departments of the school.
SN COURSE LEVEL OF STUDY STAFF ADVISER
1 Health Education and Promotion (HEP) 100 level Ugwu Eucheria
2 Health Education and Promotion (HEP) 200 level Agha Celestina
3 Environmental Health Technician (EHT) 100 level Agwu, F.K.
4 Environmental Health Technician (EHT) 200 level Eze Festus
5 Environmental Health Technician (EHT) 300 level Onwe Chinedu
6 Environmental Health Technology (EHO) 100 level Eze Abba
7 Environmental Health Technology (EHO) 200 level Aja Messiah
8 Environmental Health Technology (EHO) 300 level Nwigwe Romanus
9 Environmental Health Technology (EHO) 400 level Ogbuinya Ndubuisi
2) COMMUNITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
SN COURSE LEVEL OF STUDY STAFF ADVISER
1 JCHEW 100 level Onu Nnenna
2 JCHEW 200 level Ome Angela
3 SCHEW 100 level Nwankpuma Stephen
4 SCHEW 200 level Akpoke ndidi
5 SCHEW 300 level Joseph Omogo
3) HELATH ENVIRONMENT DEPARTMENT
SN COURSE LEVEL OF STUDY STAFF ADVISER
1 HIM 100 level Peter Akpa
2 HIM 200 level Elom Cynthia
3 HIM 300 level Origbakpor Simon
FUNCTIONS OF STAFF ADVISERS
1) To guide the students in their academic pursuit, that is to help the students realize the purpose of coming to the school
2) To attend to the students individuals and collective academic problems
3) To ensure discipline among the students of the class and properly supervise the students during the weekly sanitation exercise.
4) To ensure that the students receive their lectures as and when due. (It is compulsory for students to be in school premises between 8.00am and at least 2:30pm).
5) To ensure that the students are not exploited or intimidated by lecturers/staff
6) To be responsible to school management in all matters relating to the class under their supervision.
Welcome to Ebonyi State School of Health Technology Ngbo
Motto: For the Health of All
In the serene atmosphere of eastern Nigeria, West Africa, stands a young citadel, drive by the quest for teaching, learning, research, development and excellence, that is Ebonyi State School of Health Technology, Ngbo.
Since 2007, when the Ebonyi State School of Health Technology, Ngbo was established by the first civilian governor of Ebonyi State. Dr. Sam Ominyi Egwu. The school became one of the few schools of Health fully committed to the development of academic and health programmes such as Environmental Health Technology, Health Information Management, Community Health Extension Workers.
EBSOHTECH aims at being one of the outstanding State Schools of Health unequalled in the county. EBSOHTECH is constantly repositioning itself in pursuit of a pride of place, greater dynamic vote in pure training of health personnels who will promote health, prevent and cure illnesses both at the National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels.
We therefore, offer/render health services with a wide range of courses tailored to suit individual desires and prepare the students well enough to achieve his/her dreams and ambitions in life
EBSOHTECH affords opportunities in training and re-training of her academic staff through workshops and conferences.
Many people have benefited from the programmes which is aimed at enhancing the quality of education in the state. These programmes I believe were important opportunities for EBSOHTECH staff to interact and have an experiences with other academics around the nation. I am, Deo volente poised to provide training of the staff and students of the school, through dedication and commitment to my call to duty in taken the school to the next level.
Therefore, these academic feats can only be possible with the cooperation of everyone as a team, with strong dedication, commitment, hard work and faith with such efforts in concert, the sky will be the beginning, in making EBSOHTECH a global force to reckon with in the quest for creativity, development and excellence. Fortunately for us all, we have a functional and focused governor, Chief Engr. Dave Umahi (Ekubaraoha) who has promised to make our dear school a force to reckon with in the community of health institutions.
I humbly welcome you to savor the great opportunities in our institution. God bless you all as you read the maiden edition of our juicy newsletter. I enjoin you to make it a must-read now and in time to come.